Last updated by Angela on 8/15/14: Task 4
August 15, 2014: All teams have been updated. Check the Google Doc for new teams.
Start: August 15th, 2014
End: August 22nd, 2014
This does not include the voting period.
Now that school has started for many people, I know a lot of your don’t have a lot of time. So I will make this task and the last task much easier than Tasks 1-3.
Basically I want you guys to be cute and artsy for this task. I will assign a different task for each team. Each player in that team must complete the task. At the end of the task, I will let the Fantageville audience decide which entry is the best from each team. These tasks will be based on aesthetic appeal, art, graphics, and designing, to give you guys a more general idea.
The one player in each team with the most votes at the end of the task will move on to the next round. Everyone else will be eliminated. So by the end of the task, there will only be 1 person left in each team. Here are the tasks:
1. Brazilian Bears: Make a header for Fantageville like the one on the blog. The size must be 938 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. Your banner must include our blog name, Fantageville, in it. The theme for this banner competition will be: fall/autumn. Your banner MUST accompany the theme or it will not be counted.
2. Australian Antelopes: Design one Fantage fanart costume that is 100% your original work. The theme for this fanart contest is: celebrities. Your work must accompany the theme or it will not be counted. Please name your celebrity in your work so the voters can identify your work. You can do digital or hand-drawn art. You can use a template for the Fantage person located here.
3. Dutch Dolphins: Design a background for our xat box which is located on xat.com/fantageville. The dimensions of the background must be 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels high. The background must have the words “Fantageville Xat” located somewhere on it. Please do not write words where the typing box is located or the sidebar that contains the usernames unless it is “type here” or something like that in the typing box. If you would like a template to help you, you can find one here. The theme of the background is: landscapes. Example can be the galaxy, the beach, forests, mountains, and natural landscapes of the sort. If your background does not follow the theme, it will not count.
4. Russian Raccoons: Design an original logo for Fantageville that has the dimensions of a square (can be a square of any size). It must contain the letters “FV” in it. There is no designated theme for the logo, so you can do whatever you want. That’s it 🙂 You guys have a pretty simple task.
5. Portugese Penguins: Recreate the Fantage map like how YOU want it. You can create different locations and buildings. You cannot just rearrange the sites on the current Fantage map. You MUST draw/create it yourself, either digitally or manually. You can rename sites, recreate the shape, rename places, and pretty much do anything. Your map MUST have a theme to it i.e. Mario Fantage world, floral Fantage, rainbow Fantage, etc. It can be any theme, but please label the theme somewhere on your map so voters can easily identify it.
To turn in your work, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Fantage username and your team name. The subject of the email must be “FV Games Task 4 Team ____” with your actual team name in the space ____. If you like, you can describe to me the theme of your work or what you are trying to portray.
You will get 1 week to complete this Task, and the voting period will be approximately 3-6 days long depending on how much time I have to update since school is starting for me next Wednesday on August 20.
1. You can only vote once for each team. If you are caught cheating and voting multiple times, you will be automatically eliminated.
2. Your work must be 100% original and your own work. If you are caught stealing others’ work, you will be automatically eliminated. You CAN use the themes of other people’s work, but not the work itself.
3. If you do not complete the task by the end of the entry period, you will be automatically eliminated.
4. If you do not accompany your work to the theme that I assigned, your work will not count and you will basically be eliminated from the Task aka eliminated from the Games.
To those whom I have given an advantage from the last Task because they completed the extra credit task, your advantage is that you will get +1 vote to your entry in the voting period. I know it is not a lot, but that is because 1 vote can seriously make it or break it in this voting type of situation. If you do not know if you are have received an advantage from the last round, check out the post about the FV Games Task 3 Results located here.
Remember to follow all the rules and complete the tasks as creatively and trying as hard as you can. Otherwise, the fates shall decide your destiny. And have fun! May the odds be ever in your favor!