Last updated by MooMoo on 8/16/14: added related links
➜ Click here to go back to the main XAT page
➜ Click here for our Full Rules page
➜ Click here for instructions on how to report
➜ Click here for our list of mods
➜ Click here to learn how to add XAT to your blog
We are currently not looking for mods, but will be on the lookout for a possible candidate if we are in need of one in the future.
Here are the qualities I (princess_moomoo) look for in a good mod:
- Online for at least an hour every day
- Respectful and kind towards everyone on the chat
- Acts maturely
- Contributes and participates on the main chat
- Wants to become moderator solely to help us make the chat safe, NOT to gain a superior position and/or to gain “power”
- NEVER asks/bugs/pesters to become mod
- Retains other positive characteristics (trustworthy, dependable, likeable, etc)
Notes from Angela: I believe that we must get to know a person better before making them a mod. That means you can’t just be a good for a day and wait for us to make you a mod. I will be looking at long-term activities that people participate in the chat. I personally will want to know exactly how you are like in any situation before I make you a mod. I will not choose quickly and easily. And I personally believe anyone who asks, in any direct or indirect way, to become a moderator DOES NOT deserve to become a moderator. I choose to be this way because my parents once told me, “You don’t know who a real friend is until you are in a time of crisis and your friend chooses to help you over choosing to gain for themselves,” or something like that.
Note that the ideal mod has ALL of these qualities, not just a few.